When we talk about hail storms, surely there’s a big impact on their damages. Hail claims are one of the insurance company’s most common types of claims. What does that mean to you? A major disadvantage. Insurance companies are better prepared to take you on with your claim for a new roof, siding paint, or other repair work. Because they have so much experience with hail claims, the insurance companies have a well-developed plan of attack to minimize your settlement.
Just by thinking about it, it would more likely give you a headache. If you don’t want to avail such claims and of course we can’t control when there will be the next hail storm in our area, it’s best to have a sturdy roof that would stand the damages. With Dublin Roofing Company, they will really give you the best type of roof that’s really the worth of your money. Investing in good roof materials would benefit you.
However, if you experienced a hail storm and got a damaged roof, what’s the best thing to do? We are sure you agree that if your roof is heavily damaged by hail, or completely destroyed, you need a new one. If your roof is totally undamaged, you don’t. Too bad all hail claims aren’t that cut and dry. The problem is, more often than not, a judgment call is required to determine whether the hail actually damaged the roof and the adjuster believes that he or she is the person best trained to make that call.
What Happens When Your Roof Has Been Damaged by Hail?
We understand that if your roof is damaged completely by hail, you would need a new one. However, the claims are not easily settled. A judgment call is made to the adjuster, who then comes to the scene to verify the damage.
If the adjuster thinks that the damage is little or there is no damage to the property, you cannot change their mind. Their take on the damage would have proof and so everyone will trust them easily. There is a complete process to go through before you make an insurance claim regarding a hail storm.
Some people could be confused by others about the damage that had happened from a hail storm, just to earn good money. Therefore, you should know the sizes of hailstones, so that you can defend your loss in front of the insurance company if required.
Sizes of Hailstones
As insurance companies have been working on roof hail damage repair claims for a long time, they are well-prepared to reduce the claim of a hail storm on your roof.
There are different sizes of hailstones, and each of them will impact the item differently. Considering the smallest size of a hailstone can be as large as the size of a pea. The other one is bigger than the pea, and it is marble size. The third size is as big as a golf ball, and the last size comes in baseball’s size.
These sizes of hailstones would tell you if the damage had been possible from the hailstone or was there any other reason for the damage. In addition to the damage claim, the direction of the hailstone also matters. Moreover, the roof has the tendency to be damaged when other items are there, such as gutters, siding, screens, windows, and outdoor furniture. These items are vulnerable to hailstones in winters.
Some people make other people believe that they know much more about the hailstorm attacks and include scientific calculations to figure out the speed of the hailstorm. However, it is not very useful to know about the speed of the hail that drops, as it would just give you a reason for less or extensive damage. You should not get trapped with the fancy concepts these companies would give you about damage from a hailstorm, because the damage will speak for itself when seen by anyone.
Steps to Take for Claiming Roof Hail Damage Repair
Whenever you are in the position to file a claim, you need to have the information regarding the hailstones and the damage. There are steps to claim your hail damage under the insurance company’s policy.
- The most important step is to tell the insurance company about the loss at the earliest. Under the circumstances, where you could not report it earlier, a written explanation would work. In the explanation, you will mention the reason for delaying the report.
- You can keep your property safe from further damage. Also, you should keep a track record of the labor with the expenses incurred so that those expenses can be reimbursed by your insurance company.
- For every claim, there is a specific time period. You might need to submit the proof at the time of claiming the hailstorm attack – depending upon the insurance company’s need.
- If the insurance company has asked you for more supporting documents, then you provide them those documents to avoid any further delay in the claim.
- To convince the insurance company about your loss, your damaged property should be exhibited separately from the undamaged property.
- Your bills and costs that have been incurred to repair the loss, should have all the records such as financial receipts and book entries.
- There is an undertaking, considered as a statement under oath. It is not a recorded statement, but the undertaking is different from the recorded statement. Such statements are a part of company procedure, only.
Hail storms are one of the common weather conditions in winter. It may damage your property to an extent, where you might have to reconstruct it. However, you don’t have to worry about the damages if your property is insured. There are a few insurance companies that provide several types of claims regarding roofing accidents, in the United States. Moreover, there are also roofing contractors providing roof hail damage repair. Hail storms are also one of the accidents that come under the category of natural disasters.